Femi Falana, popular activist lawyer, has said that Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State lacks the moral right to speak at the 60th Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, conference.
Falana said El-Rufai has a penchant of disobeying court orders right from when he was a Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.
He explained that El-Rufai’s action was inconsistent with the rules of NBA.
The activist lawyer stated this in a letter to the NBA’s Technical Committee, conference planning committee.
Galena’s letter reads partly:
“You will agree with us that Mallam El-Rufai’s penchant for disobeying court orders is inconsistent with the aims and objects of the Nigerian Bar Association which includes promotion of rule of law.”
El-Rufai was billed to be one of the speakers at the NBA Conference scheduled for August 26 – 29, 2020.
However, his inclusion led to outrage and backlash, even on social media.
Nigerians and lawyers cited his comments on Southern Kaduna killings, alleged disdain for court orders, among others.
Following the condemnation from Nigerians, NBA had bowed to pressure and withdrew El-Rufai’s invitation.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022