In the aftermath of President Buhari’s victory at the Presidential election petitions tribunal, Nigerians have taken to social media to condemn the government on its plan to increase the Value Added Tax from 5% to 7.2%.
The Federal Executive Council which President Buhari presided over on Wednesday September 11, approved the increment of value added tax (VAT) rate from 5 percent to 7.2% percent.
The Minister of finance, budget and national planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed confirmed the increment at the end of the cabinet meeting. The new rate which will take effect from 2020 is however subject to an amendment of the VAT act of 1994 by the national assembly.
Nigerians have not welcomed that idea and here’s how they reacted ;
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group