FIFA is furious with Cristiano Ronaldo, over his failure to turn up at The Best awards gala in Milan on Monday night, Marca reports.
Ronaldo had been on a three-man shortlist for the award, along with Messi and Liverpool centre-back Virgil van Dijk.
The Portugal captain was also in the running to be named in this year’s World XI.
It is understood that FIFA staff had expected Ronaldo to be present at the awards. They thought he was coming along with teammate Matthijs de Ligt as late as Monday afternoon.
The world football governing body is now disappointed with Ronaldo for the no-show, especially as he is now based in Turin, which is 150km from Milan.
It is believed that Ronaldo’s decision not to attend, pointed to him knowing that it was Messi who had won the award, although his camp claims it was purely to do with the injury.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )