One of the suspected killers of Miss Vera Omozuwa, a 100-level student of the University of Benin has been arrested after the police screened the fingerprint on the fire extinguisher found at the spot of the incident.
Late Omozuwa, was allegedly raped and killed by yet-to-be-identified persons at the Ikpoba Hill branch of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Benin, while reading in the church.
Her gruesome rape and murder has generated a lot of reactions across all social media with top celebrities leading the call for justice in the case with #JusticeForUwa.
Also, the Nigerian Senate had also urged State Houses of Assembly to amend penal and criminal code of their respective states to make the penalties for rape and sexual assault stiffer while raising a motion on the incident.
Confirming the arrest of a suspect in the case, the spokesman of Edo Police Command, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, said the suspect was arrested following a screening of the fingerprints on the fire extinguisher allegedly used to smash the head of the deceased.
“The item used in the assault, which was a fire extinguisher, was recovered, immediately the operatives who were with some specialists, screened the fingerprints which led to the arrest of our suspect,” he said.
The Inspector-General of Police, Abubakar Adamu, had on Monday dispatched forensic experts from the force headquarters to Edo State to assist the Edo State command with the investigation to unravel the perpetrators behind the crime.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health