Five lecturers of the Tai Solarin College of Education, Omu-Ijebu have been arraigned before an Ogun State Magistrate’s Court sitting in Abeokuta for alleged robbery, breach of public peace, assault among others.
The accused lecturers: Bakare Labake, Daniel Aborishade, Odunsi Omobolaji, Seyi Akinola, and Ember Oluwatobi, were reportedly arrested by the police after a petition from some members of the college.
DAILY POST learnt that some of the suspects were arrested in the Ijebu axis of the state, while one was trailed to Abeokuta, where he was eventually arrested.
A legal officer of the Ogun State Police command, Adekunle Opayemi, while arraigning them, told the court that the accused, between January and July 2019, broke into the office of the Head of the College’s Audit Department and stole some payment vouchers.
Opayemi alleged that the accused lectures strictly revealed the contents of the documents belonging to TASCE to the public through Facebook and other social media platforms.
They were alleged to have also robbed the wife of the college’s Deputy Provost, Sainab Agboola, by hijacking her husband’s official car with registration number OG06C0309, containing a cash of N120,000, a handset and other valuables.
The Magistrate, Bolanle Adebowale, in her ruling remanded the accused lecturers in prison pending legal advice from the Department of Public Prosecution.
Adebowale, however, granted the accused bail in the sum of N5,000 with two sureties in like sum.
The case has since been adjourned till November 4 for mention.
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company