FLASHBACK: In 2011, Trump predicted that Obama would attack Iran to get reelected
On Thursday, Qasem Soleimani, leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps(IRGC), was killed in an operation ordered by US President Donald Trump.
The general was killed in Baghdad, the capital of Iraq.While defending the action, the US Department of State said Soleimani was killed for plotting an “imminent attack” on US interests in the Middle East. There have been different reactions to the killing;Iran has vowed to retaliate “harshly”. Some US security experts who featured on CNN earlier on Friday said the action was in order, accusing the late Iranian general of coordinating the killings of about 600 American citizens.However, in 2011, Trump accused Barack Obama , his predecessor, of plotting a war with Iran to get reelected.
He said Obama did not have the ability to negotiate and that the war was his only option.“Our president will start a war with Iran because he has no ability to negotiate. Heis weak and ineffective so the only way hefigures that he will get reelected is to start a war with Iran,” hehad said in a videoshared by MSNBC on Friday.“Unfortunately we have a president who doesn’t know the first thing about negotiation. We have a real problem in theWhite House, so I believe he will attack Iran sometime prior to the election.
Isn’t it pathetic?”Ironically, Trump who made the prediction is “starting a war” ahead of the 2020 presidential election that he has indicated interest in.Before he left office, the US relationship with Iran was cordial but things went south upon Trump’s assumption of office.The incumbent US president had abandoned the nuclear deal referred to as the signature foreign policy achievement of Obama.The deal reached after more than two years of tough negotiations was between Iran, US, UK, Russia, France, China, Germany and the European Union.The agreement aimed at ensuring that Iran’s nuclear programme will be exclusively peaceful in return for the liftingof sanctions.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Massive recruitment in a Non-governmental Organization (NGO) in Nigeria
- Logistic Admin Officer at Kofo Agro Allied Limited
- Nigerian Breweries Plc / Industrial Training Fund (ITF) 2020 Technical Skills Development Programme (TSDP)
- Deloitte Recruitment Portal 2020/2021 Opens for HND/Degree Holders
- Corona Schools Trust Council 2020 Recruitment for Graduate Teachers
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- BREAKING!! Reps To Akpabio: We Didn’t Ask You To Send Us Private Letter, You Must Publish The Names Of Lawmakers Who Got NDDC Contracts
- OH MY GOD!! Pregnant Woman And Her Child Crushed To Death In Ebonyi (Disturbing Photos)
- HAPPENING NOW!! Commercial Bus Catches Fire On Third Mainland Bridge
- C/River Basin’s MD Threatening Our Lives, Properties — Ikot Enebong Neighborhood Community Calls on Government Intervention
- GOOD NEWS!! Lai Mohammed Says FG Has Recovered Over N800bn Looted Fund
Share this post with your Friends on