For residents of Ayetoro community in Ilaje Local Government Area of Ondo State, it was a day of agony after a torrential rain wreaked havoc in the community.
With the effect of the rain taking its toll in the community, which was ravaged by flood, it was gathered that over 500 people have been rendered homeless with over 700 houses affected.
According to one of the affected residents of the community, Mr. Emmanuel Aralu, the only church in the town, the palace, health center, and schools were all affected by the flood, stressing that some residents had fled the coastal community because of the disaster.
Aralu also maintained that the socio-economic activities of the community had been paralyzed as most of the people of the community who engage in fishing had abstained from the river and the ocean while most shops had been destroyed.
Another resident, who was affected by the flood, Mrs. Josephine explained that flooding has become a recurring issue in the community.
She added that all efforts to call the attention of the state government to the issue have been fruitless with no measures taken.
“We need help from the government before the flood washes the community away, the state and federal governments should come to our aid.”
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line