A 400-level student of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, AAUA, Ondo State was on Monday swept away by flood at her residence in Ibaka area of the university community.
The incident reportedly occurred on Monday evening as the final year female student identified as Doyin Boluwaji slipped while trying to escape from her flooded house located beside a canal.
Boluwaji, a student from the Department of Religious and African Studies whose body was yet to be found was said to had tried to move out of her house but got stuck in the flood during a torrential rain in the community in Akoko South West Local Government Area of Ondo State before been swept away into the canal.
With Boluwaji not so lucky, her landlord was said to had escaped by the whiskers as he climb a tree beside the canal.
Confirming the development, the spokesperson of AAUA, Victor Akinpelumi, who described the incident as unfortunate, said efforts were being made to locate the victim by some local divers.
According to him, the management of the school led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and some other principal officers had visited the home of the victim while efforts had been put in place to search for her.
The traditional ruler of the town, the Alale of Akungba, Oba Sunday Adeyeye Ajimo, appealed to all relevant authorities, especially the State, Federal Government and NEMA to come to the aid of the people affected by the flood.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited