Weetalknaija.com.ng can authoritatively report that, following weeks of outcry online over years of recurring police brutality, Nigerians took to the streets to demand police reform and an end to the Special Anti Robbery Squad known as SARS.
Roads in major cities across the country have been blocked and cities brought close to a standstill as protesters enter day eight of demonstrations across more than 100 cities across the country.
At least 10 people have been killed, according to our findings and scores more injured as police in some states fired live ammunition, teargas and used water cannons on protesters.
Weetalknaija.com.ng report that, a tweeter user who is a Canadian citizen, with the name; “Graham the Old Guy Guy” report that #ENDSARS just made the CBC news in Canada (the CBC is our national broadcaster).
See tweet below: 👇 👇 👇
Hey Nigeria!!#EndSARS just made the CBC News in Canada (the CBC is our national broadcaster). 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
It wasn't a long story, but it was reported! #EndSARS is making a difference! You're gaining attention in the West! 😀👍✊🇳🇬#EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutalityinNigera #EndSWAT
— Graham the Old Gay Guy 🏳️🌈🇨🇦 (@gafdog) October 18, 2020
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group