The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has dismissed as “incorrect” the notion that President Muhammadu Buhari engages in frequent trips. Oshiomhole, who fielded questions from journalists on Wednesday in Abuja, said President Buhari was yet to match former President Olusegun Obasanjo regarding the number of foreign trips.
He picked holes in the arguments of the critics citing a book that the late Gani Fawehinmi wrote where he calculated the number of days Obasanjo spent in foreign lands during his eight-year tenure.
“Saying President involves in frequent trips is not correct. I remember very well, there is no President in recent Nigeria’s history, since 1999 till now, that traveled out of Nigeria as much as former President Olusegun Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo did.
“If you check through your newspapers and play back some of your electronic coverage, you will find where Gani Fawehinmi (of the blessed memory) took time to calculate the number of days President Obasanjo was out of Nigeria, visiting foreign countries.
“He even tried to calculate the number of hours he was spending on air comparing to the number of hours he was spending on Nigeria’s soil. So, how can you, that was already an adult when Obasanjo was President suggest that Buhari travel more often than other person? That is not correct,” said the APC national chairman.
– Daily Trust
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group