Bastian Schweinsteiger has called time on his illustrious football career that has seen him play for German giants Bayern Munich, English giants Manchester United, the German national team and Chicago Bulls FC.
Schweinsteiger, who won 20 trophies during his career including the FIFA world cup and is married to tennis star, Ana Ivanovic, took to his Instagram page to make the announcement after two seasons in the American league.
The 35-year-old player on Tuesday afternoon wrote on his Instagram page: ‘Dear Fans, the time has now come, and I will be finishing my active career at the end of this season. I would like to thank both, you and my teams @fcbayern, @manchesterunited, @chicagofire and @dfb_team.
‘You made this unbelievable time possible for me! And of course, I would also like to thank my wife @anaivanovicand my family for their support. Saying goodbye as an active player makes me feel a little nostalgic, but I am also looking forward to the exciting challenges that await me soon.
‘I will remain faithful to football. Many, many thanks for the time we spent together, I will always have a place for you in my heart! Yours, Basti.’
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022