A former member of the Kaduna State House of Assembly, Dr Yakubu Bityong, is dead.
Bityong, who represented Kaura Constituency in the Assembly from 2011 to 2019, died on Friday night in Kaduna at the age of 56. Gunmen kill UNIJOS Lecturer, Kidnapped Six-Year-Old Daughter
A political associate of the deceased, Yakubu Umaru-Spider, confirmed his death to the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday in Kaduna. Tension In Kogi As Gunmen Killed Three Fulani, Nine Cows
Umaru-Spider, a former Secretary of Kaura Local Government, said Bityong was diagnosed with lung complications and placed on treatment two weeks ago. Scores Killed As Gunmen Stops Governor, DSS, Army From Entering Town
“He became normal and continued with his life until yesterday (Friday) when he became ill again.
“He was taken to General Hospital in Unguwan Boro, around 8:30 p.m. but there was no doctor on the seat, and just minutes after 11 p.m. he gave up the ghost,” he said. Over 50 Houses Burnt Down As Unknown Gunmen Attacked Adamawa Community
Bityong was also a commissioner in the ministries of Youths and Sports; Non-Governmental Organisation; and Special Duties between 2003 and 2010.
NAN correspondent, who visited the deceased’s residence reports that it was filled with family members, politicians, and other sympathisers.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company