Former Nigeria president, Olusegun Obasanjo has reacted to the nationwide peaceful protest against police brutality and bad governance.
Speaking, Obasanjo described the #EndSARS protest as the product of an extensive agitation by the Nigerian youth that needed to be attended to by government.
“More than 65 per cent of our population are under within the ages of 18 and 30; they are not only struggling to acquire education, they are also aspiring for the best that life can offer them.
“Some of them didn’t even get educated, while those who are educated are getting frustrated because of lack of opportunities. We must realize that the lid on the boiling steam would have to be removed.
“But, I believe that there are windows of opportunity which the government can explore to show that it cares about the people’s welfare, especially the youth, as the father of the country and particularly, as the father of the youth.
“Fortunately, the president has children and he knows how youths behave.
“I believe that the opportunities can still be taken to let the youth know that he, as a father, understands their plight and that his government understands their plight and he is ready to make life better for them,” Mr Obasanjo said. (NAN)
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022