A former member of the Nigerian Senate, Sen. Nimi Barigha-Amange has dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Barigha-Amange stated this on Wednesday in Abuja while submitting his letter of intention to join APC to the party’s Acting National Secretary, Mr Victor Giadom.
Barigha-Amange represented Bayelsa-East Senatorial District on the platform of the PDP in the sixth Senate.
NAN quoted him as saying that his intention to leave PDP for APC followed his resolve to join other Bayelsa people agitating for freedom in the state.
“We have been enslaved by only one man who regard himself as emperor, the 105 councillors were nominated by him, the eight chairmen were nominated by him, I cannot be part of that,” he alleged.
Barigha-Amange, who said he joined the PDP since 1998, decried what he called the authoritarian leadership style within the party, saying, “ I have never seen this kind of authoritarian rule since I have been in PDP.
“So, I have decided to pitch my tent with a party that can help Bayelsa people to be free come November 16, 2019.”
He said by joining APC, the party would become stronger in the state, adding, “ APC’s governorship candidate David Lyon hails from Southern Ijaw which has the highest voting strength”
“Definitely, that area will be for APC, I come from Nembe and by joining APC, Nembe has fallen into the hands of APC.
“Timipre Sylva hails from Brass, which normally is for APC, we can give Kolokuma/Opokuma to PDP because their candidate is from there.
“Sagbama where the present governor comes from, will be donated to the present governor because his running mate is from there,” he said.
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement