Cyber Criminals: Saraki Fires Back At APC
Former Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has described as irresponsible and cheap politics the statement credited to the All Progressives Congress (APC) and signed on its behalf by one Yekini Nabena in which it tried to link him with a cyber-crime suspect, Ramon Abbas who was recently arrested in the United Arab Emirates and extradited to the United States.
Saraki in a statement issued in Abuja today stated that he has no form of association with the said suspect, Ramon Abbas otherwise known as Hushpuppi and neither does he know him in any way.
The Statement Reads;
“The statement credited to the APC, the ruling party in our country, is one of the ways by which our anti-graft agencies are weakened and why the fight against corruption in the country is often viewed with suspicion by the international community. This is because when these cyber-crime suspects were operating freely and openly displaying wealth, the APC saw nothing bad in their activities. Also, the party at that time did not deem it necessary to call on the anti-graft agencies to investigate their activities.
“Also, since the arrest of those cyber crime suspects and the subsequent damage to the image and the economy of Nigeria as well as the crisis it created for Nigerians engaged in lawful businesses across the world, the ruling party had been muted. The only time the APC deemed it necessary to make a statement was when it thought it should play dirty, cheap and irresponsible politics.
“Dr. Saraki was the only political leader who has publicly made a statement through an Op-Ed article published in the Daily Trust newspaper of July 1, 2020 titled “Cyber Criminals: Confronting The Few Who Dent Many” and this opinion article had been widely circulated online and on other platforms.
In that article, he strongly condemned the activities of these cyber criminals and called on the law enforcement agencies and other stakeholders to make decisive interventions to checkmate their activities. He has also got a research institution, the Politeia Institute, whose board he chairs to commence a research on the best ways to tackle the menace.
“Such a noble intervention in tackling a menace is what Dr. Saraki believes in, not mudslinging and playing politics at the expense of the nation’s image. At this point, we call on the APC leadership to rein in the so-called Yekini Nabena and compel him to desist from making and circulating such malicious, odious and offensive claims”, the statement concluded.
Abubakar Bukola Saraki Media Office
Subscribe to Blog via Email
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- Edo 2020: We Are Ready For You, We Will Resist Any Attempt To Rig Election — Omini Warns Oshiomhle, Ize-Iyamu
- For Better Health Sustainability, We Need To Strengthen Our Health System — Ekpenyong
- BREAKING!! Coast Clear For Akinwumi To Seek Re-election As Independent Review Panel Clears Him
- BREAKING!! Sad Day As PDP Loses Party Chairman
- CHELSEA FANS ONLY!! Onana Or Oblak, Who Should Replace Kepa?
Share this post with your Friends on