Four aviation unions have backed the Organised Labour nationwide strike expected to commence on Monday, Weetalknaija Daily Post has learnt.
The unions asked their members to withdraw services from all aerodromes nationwide indefinitely.
With this, airspace may not be open for operations from Monday.
This was confirmed to Punch by the General Secretary of the National Union of Aviation Employees, Aba Ocheme.
He said, “Sure. Airports will not operate from Monday.”
The four aviation unions joining the strike are the National Union of Air Transport Employees, National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers, Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria and the Association of Nigeria Aviation Professionals.
A statement from the unions on Friday read, “As you are aware, the NLC and TUC have declared indefinite nationwide strike action with effect from Monday, September 28, 2020.
“Our unions as above named are in full support of the strike action.
“As such all workers in the aviation sector are hereby directed to withdraw their services at all aerodromes nationwide as from 00hrs of 28th September 2020 until otherwise communicated by the NLC/TUC or our unions. All workers shall comply.”
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group