The suspended acting Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in an Abuja police cell as some policemen attached to the Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department on Tuesday combed his home for incriminating evidence.
The allegations against Magu are weighty a source told Weetalknaija Blog and the Justice Ayo Salami Presidential Panel, on Tuesday continued its interrogation of the man that was supposed to be fighting corruption on behalf of the Nigerian people. The grilling of the EFCC chair is still in camera, journalists were again barred.
Around 6pm, policemen searched Magu’s house located on Abduljalil Street, Karu Site, on the outskirts of Abuja.
It is understood that they took away some vital documents.
The policemen, who carried out the search, were said to be the same ones who arrested Magu on Monday.
President Muhammadu Buhari had on Moday reportedly suspended Magu to enable a thorough probe of the allegations against him to be conducted.
The Presidency is yet to issue a formal statement on the issue as of the time of filing this report.
However, the allegations against him stem from a report by the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), and a report of the Department of State Services, which was submitted to the Senate in 2016 and 2017.
Among others, the suspended EFCC boss was accused of living above his means, fraternising with corrupt persons and diverting recovered funds.
Meanwhile, the Director of Operations at the anti-graft commission, Abba Mohammed, a dep. commissioner of police, may take over the affairs of the agency pending the appointment of Magu’s replacement.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020