Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers on Tuesday shot a staff of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Kaduna zonal office, Malam Jibril Gwadabe Kuriga.
The incident occurred while working on his farm in Kuriga village in Chikun Local Government Area of the state.
Malam Jibril Gwadabe Kuriga, the FRCN staff who serves as a Duty Continuity Announcer at the Kaduna station, went to farm with his son, but was shot by the bandits on the leg.
A close family source who do not want his name in print, told DAILY POST that he has been rushed to Kaduna town for urgent medical treatment, adding that his son was yet to return home.
His words: “Yes, Jibril Gwadabe Kuriga of Radio Nigeria, Kaduna office was shot this morning by bandits at his farm in Kuriga town. He has been rushed to Kaduna town for medical treatment.
“This is the kind of life we are living around this area which shared border with Birnin Gwari local government. Two other farmers were abducted today too at their farms outside Udawa town.”
One of Gwadabe’s colleagues at Radio Nigeria’s Kaduna office who doesn’t want his name mentioned, confirmed the incident.
He said the victim was brought to 44 Army Reference Hospital but there was no doctor on duty.
He revealed that the victim was moved to Air Force Hospital.
When contacted, the state’s Police spokesman, DSP Yakubu Sabo, could not pick his calls, even as he didn’t respond to text messages sent to him.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited