Bandits have killed more than 26 people in an attack on three communities in Dan Musa, Faskari and Batsari local government areas of Katsina State.
Sources in the area revealed to newsmen that bandits riding motorcycles carried out the attacks on Tuesday.
According to them, 11 persons were reportedly killed in an attack on Sabon Layin Galadima community of Faskari LGA, while five persons were killed at Mara Zamfarawa village in Dan Musa LGA with many animals rustled.
Similarly, locals said bandits attacked farmers on their farmlands in the afternoon in Yar Gamji village of Batsari LGA, killing 18 people with 10 others missing.
Spokesman of the Katsina Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, said those killed in Faskari were members of a vigilante group.
He said, “On the Faskari incident, a group of Yansakai (vigilantes) from Sabon Layi village, went into the forest and confronted the bandits since yesterday and did not report back. Two corpses were recovered and buried by the villagers yesterday”.
“A search party led by the DPO in Faskari recovered three other bodies inside the forest. A bandits’ camp was also discovered abandoned by d bandits. Investigation is ongoing.”
Credit : TheNewsGuru.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group