No fewer than thirty six (36) cows were reportedly struck to death on Saturday by a mysterious thunderstorm on Oke Owa in Ijare community of Ifedore local government area of Ondo state.
Nigerian Cable News reliably gathered that the cows were struck by thunderstorm in the late hours of Saturday without any of them surviving.
The cows were said to have died for desecrating the mountain where sacrifice is made every year by the town’s monarch.
It was learnt that the herders reported the case to the monarch of the town after the unfortunate incident.
The monarch of the town, the Olujare of Ijare, Oba Adebamigbe is always accompanied by chiefs to carry out the yearly sacrifice.
The mountain is said to be a secluded place for the monarch.
(Nigerian Cable News)
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group