The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr.Kayode Fayemi, has met with management of the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, over last week’s crisis which led to the death of two students of the institution.
The Governor at the meeting vowed to get to the root of the incident, with a view to ensuring that such does not to reoccur.
Addressing the management of the institution at the Governor’s office in Ado- Ekiti, on Friday, the Governor stated that the crisis might have resulted from communication gap between students and the school management.
Fayemi who was represented by his Chief of Staff, Hon. Biodun Omoleye, said the unfortunate incident was avoidable if the students had channelled their agitation to the school authority who could have taken up the matter and appropriately resolved it.
The Governor, however, condoled with the school management and families of the two students that were killed.
In his remarks, FUOYE’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Fashina said the ugly incident could have been avoided if the students had not regrouped after the initial demonstration in the morning.
“They shouldn’t have regrouped in the afternoon. It happened outside the University. I was still in the office working. The student Union leaders told the Commissioner of Police that they wanted to do a guided protest,” he said.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group