There was a mild drama at the Kano State House of Assembly on Monday when the Deputy Speaker and chairman of the Public Complaints and Petition Committee, Hamisu Ibrahim Chidari, raised observation over the ongoing investigation of petitions of alleged violation of the culture, tradition and religious values by Kano Emir Muhammad Sanusi 11.
Eyewitnessreporters gathered that trouble broke out when Chidari, in his attempt to make observation known to members, was instantly opposed by members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Assembly.
In the process, a heated debate ensued which resulted to a physical combat with the opposition members struggling to take control of the mace.
The mace rescued by security men and the Sergeant of Arm attached to the Assembly.
The fisticuff lasted for about 25 minutes before normalcy was restored and the Assembly procceded to a 30- minute break.
As at the time of filling in this report, security has been beefed up at the Assembly to forestall any eventuality.
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Recruitment at Hilton Worldwide
- Latest Recruitment at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at the African Union
- New Job Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria in an Oil and Gas Company
- Job Recruitment at the United Bank for Africa Plc