Governor Umar Ganduje of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has gained the controversial Kano State governorship election.
Ganduje gained with a margin of lower than 9,000 votes after the collation of figures for the supplementary elections held on March 23, 2019.
Kibiya and Nasarawa Local Government Areas had delayed the ultimate collation until now.
The outcomes for the LGAs within the supplementary elections had been declared on Sunday night.
For Kibiya LGA, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Abba Yusuf polled 228 votes, whereas the APC polled 371 votes.
For Nasarawa LGA, APC secured a whopping 10,536 votes towards 3,409 votes secured by the PDP.
After checks by the returning officer, legitimate votes stood at 14,048; rejected votes had been 376, whereas complete votes solid had been 14,424.
So, on the finish of the supplementary elections held in 28 LGAs on March 23, PDP polled a complete of 10,239 votes towards 45,876 votes secured by APC.
Before the elections had been declared inconclusive after the March 9 governorship election, PDP was main with 1,014,474 votes, whereas APC had secured 987,819 votes.
However, after the March 23 governorship election, the entire figures for APC stood at 1,033,695 votes towards 1,024,713 votes secured by PDP, which means Ganduje gained with a margin of 8,982 votes.
Four polling items had been cancelled in Gama Ward in Nasarawa LGA as a result of incidents of over voting and violence. A complete of two,639 votes had been cancelled.
Source | Southwest First Alert News
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited