Ganduje Wins Kano Supplementary guber poll.
Governor Umar Ganduje of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has gained the controversial Kano State governorship election.
Ganduje gained with a margin of lower than 9,000 votes after the collation of figures for the supplementary elections held on March 23, 2019.
Kibiya and Nasarawa Local Government Areas had delayed the ultimate collation until now.
The outcomes for the LGAs within the supplementary elections had been declared on Sunday night.
For Kibiya LGA, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Abba Yusuf polled 228 votes, whereas the APC polled 371 votes.
For Nasarawa LGA, APC secured a whopping 10,536 votes towards 3,409 votes secured by the PDP.
After checks by the returning officer, legitimate votes stood at 14,048; rejected votes had been 376, whereas complete votes solid had been 14,424.
So, on the finish of the supplementary elections held in 28 LGAs on March 23, PDP polled a complete of 10,239 votes towards 45,876 votes secured by APC.
Before the elections had been declared inconclusive after the March 9 governorship election, PDP was main with 1,014,474 votes, whereas APC had secured 987,819 votes.
However, after the March 23 governorship election, the entire figures for APC stood at 1,033,695 votes towards 1,024,713 votes secured by PDP, which means Ganduje gained with a margin of 8,982 votes.
Four polling items had been cancelled in Gama Ward in Nasarawa LGA as a result of incidents of over voting and violence. A complete of two,639 votes had been cancelled.
Source | Southwest First Alert News
- Vacancy for Personal Assistant at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- Ongoing Job recruitment in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization
- Good News As Atiku Abubakar Commence Massive Recruitment weeks after sacking over 400 Staff
- 2020 Massive recruitment at American University of Nigeria
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC Recruitment How to Apply Now!
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Research Centres of Excellence In Nigerian Universities
- Kogi: We Must Reclaim Our Stolen Mandate — PDP Gives Musa Wada Hope
- 2023: Will Atiku Take Another Shot At The Presidency, What Are His Chances Of Wining?
- Serious Trouble In NDDC As Akpabio, Ex-NDDC Managing Director Fight Dirty
- Lockdown: One Feared Dead As Police, Thugs Ransack Ogun Community
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on