For the record, Gershom Bassey is a Nigerian Politician and a businessman. He is the Senator representing Cross River Southern Senatorial District in the Nigerian Senate. He is a senator of the 8th and 9th National Assembly respectively.
Re- Gershom Bassey And His Jumbo Theatrics
Our attention has been drawn to a disparaging article purportedly authored by AGBOR ODEY. Broadcasted on social media by one Chris Effiong.
We want to unequivocally state that
1) there is no character as Agbor Odey.
2) Charles Effiong is a second generation lettered motor park ticketer who whispers to the Hallelujah boys, above all he writes under a Psuedo-account.
3) on discovering that the Senator has set internet security and programmer to unravel the face behind the mask he has hurriedly pull down his infamous account whose main aim was set to continuously insult and misrepresent our Senator to the unsuspecting public.
4) The masses and politician should completely disregard the write up as his hyperbolic presentation does not represent senator Gershom Bassey both in character and style.
5)we completely condemn the insult and insinuations and misrepresentation.
6)we are still investigating and we will stop at nothing to bring this agent of this cheesecake journalism to book.
7) Senator Gershom Bassey is undaunted, calm and resolute to serve his constituency better but not unmindful of the youth agitation which he has heard loud and clear
See full article below:
Gershom Bassey and his jumbo theatrics, one that will never cease to amaze me.
Who is following the recent media parley of Senator Gershom Bassey who has obviously lost touch with his people but paying through the nose to arrange crowd of sympathizers to help his surface shine and restore his battered image?
A Senator who has failed in his responsibility both at the National Assembly and constituency level with nothing left to save his dwindling image.
In a recently granted interview, the Obong of Calabar noted Senator Gershom Bassey as a con man who never lacks the lyrical prowess which is readily available for him to scope his victims and escape his officiacial responsibilities.
“Oh Obong, I’ll see you, I’ll see you”, Obong of Calabar mimicks the job man Senator as his prank style of escaping a moment of meaningful discussions about his constituents, each time they both stumble on each other at the airport.
What exactly has now lighted the flames of these unwarranted and most insensitive paid sympathy visits that Senator Gershom has resorted to organizing?
Is it to save face with his Ikoyi neighbors or his colleagues at the National Assembly?
If Senator Gershom Bassey had these many groups resident within his constituency, why did they not rise to the occasion and defend his property just like it happened in the case of Hon Essien Ayi and Senator John Owan Enoh?
The southern senatorial district has not forgotten how Senator Bassey promised more access to his constituents and even went ahead to put up a phoney bill board with a number for his constituents to reach him with, a number that was always switched off whenever one tries to call.
This is just to buttress my point, Gershom is a failed project and the earlier he realizes that he is a product of an automatic ticket, forced down the throats of people who do not want him, the better for him.
A word is enough for the wise.
Maybe this was even a blessing in disguise so the people of his constituency could have the opportunity of seeing their Senator after a whole year’s wait.
Agbor Odey Writes from Calabar.