By Jake Clifford, Calabar
The immediate past Cross River State Director General (DG), Cross River State Primary Health Care Development Agency (CRSPHDA), Dr Betta Edu has called for urgent action to protect the girl child from abuses .
Speaking in Calabar, the State Capital, Betta Edu said “Our societies have the responsibility to help children thrive. The effects of childhood sexual abuse are long- lasting and often devastating. We believe that children everywhere deserve a positive future: the chance to grow and learn in safety free from the threat of sexual abuse”.
“Together, along with policy-makers, global institutions, business and the public we can build societies where children are never sexually abused”
She expressed appreciation on the progress made in terms of advocacy by women groups on the need need to protect girls and women against any forms of gender- based violence .
“ I am happy to note the progress that has been made in the area of activism by girls to protect their gender .
“ I want to say that more needs to be done especially to address gender-based violence which seems to be more pronounced recently and all hands must be on deck to achieve this . ”
To this end, I will suggest that we hold global institutions accountable to prevent abuse and to end impunity for child sexual abuse.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution