Simply put, “Good Friday” is set aside for Christians to remember and mourn Jesus’s death. It was on this day that religious leaders arrested Jesus for claiming to be the son of God and King of the Jews, as the biblical story goes. The leaders sentenced Jesus to crucifixion, the highest form of criminal punishment at the time, for his teachings. Jesus was then beaten, forced to carry a heavy wooden cross through jeering crowds, and finally nailed to the cross by his wrists and feet where he hung until he died.
As the world observe this day, the member representing Obubra/Etung Federal Constituency, Rt. Hon. Mike Etaba has sent a goodwill message to his constituents.
I rejoice with the good people of Obubra/Etung as well as Nigerians on the occasion of the celebration of this year’s Good Friday. This year’s commemoration of Easter comes amid the grip with which Covid-19 has held the entire world.
There is no better opportunity than now for all Christians in particular, and Cross Riverians in general, to remain faithful and hopeful that with intensified prayers backed by personal and collective responsibility, our dear state, Cross River shall pull through this most difficult trial. I urge us all to continue to pray and support the Governor Ben Ayade’s led administration.
Let us pray to Jesus to strengthen our faith and to strengthen ourselves, to live a happy and blessed life, May each and every day of our lives is showered with positivity and blessings of Almighty. Happy Good Friday to you.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021