Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong, has explained that his belief in the independence of the legislature informed his decision not to interfere in the affairs of the Plateau House of Assembly.
Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong, who served as Speaker of the state legislature during the reign of the former governor, Chief Joshua Dariye, charged state legislative houses to always advocate their independence for effective governance of states.
Speaking on Sunday in Abuja during a meeting of Conference of Former Speakers of State Houses of Assembly, the Plateau State governor urged ex-heads of state legislative houses not to shy away from making their contributions in strengthening the state legislatures.
“We must continue to lend our voices to various issues in our polity in order to ensure that the democratic culture is deepened and our people truly experience and harvest the dividends of democracy.
“We cannot shy away from making our contribution to national discourse such as the one relating to strengthening the State Houses of Assembly in such a manner that they will work independently but in collaboration with the executive and the judiciary to ensure good governance and development in our states.
“I am happy to say that in Plateau State, that synergy and collaboration is happening because of my experience as a former speaker and now a governor, where I have supported the House of Assembly to function without any interference and in turn, they have supported us to deliver on our Rescue Mission,” he said.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )