Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, on Tuesday promised not to interfere in the Ibadan traditional chieftaincy system, but work to achieve its desired goals.
The governor gave the assurance during the 86th birthday anniversary and chieftaincy celebration of High Chief (Mrs) Theresa Oyekanmi.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the event held at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.
Oyekanmi was recently installed as the 14th Iyalode of Ibadan land after the demise of Alhaja Aminat Abiodun.
Makinde was represented by Mrs Funmi Orisadeyi, the state Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters.
“As your son, I am reassuring you of my support for the progress of Ibadan.
“Let me re-state that I will not interfere in the Ibadan traditional chieftaincy system,” he said.
He solicited the support of traditional institutions across the state for his administration in transforming the state.
The governor congratulated the new Iyalode of Ibadanland, praying that she would live long.
The Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Adetunji, also prayed that his reign and that of the Iyalode would last long and bring the desired growth to Ibadan land.
NAN reports that the event was attended by prominent sons and daughters of Ibadan land as well as associations.
Among the dignitaries are Oba Lekan Balogun, Otun Olubadan of Ibadan land; High Chief Lekan Alabi, Agbaakin of Ibadan land; and Chief Sarafadeen Alli, a former Secretary to Oyo State Government
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company