Results from 21 LGAs declared up to now within the Sokoto State governorship election present incumbent governor, Aminu Tambuwal of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) main Aliyu Ahmed of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
However, Fatima Mukhtar, returning officer has adjourned the collation of ends in Sokoto state until 9am on Sunday (today).
She made the announcement after she consulted with Amina Zakari, INEC nationwide commissioner answerable for Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara states.
The returning officer claimed the adjournment was on account of the non-arrival of outcomes from Kebbe native authorities areas (LGAS) of the state.
But the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) brokers and supporters at collation middle opposed the decision, saying it as a plot to rig the election.
Before the postponement, Tambuwal of the PDP is within the lead with 10,499 votes in opposition to that of APC which is 10,338 in 20 LGAs.
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Guest Services Associate at Marriott Hotels and Resorts
- Logistics Officer at YellowPoint Group
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officer at Save the Children
- State Technical Advisor at Chemonics International
- MoneyGram recruitment for a Regional Compliance Officer
- Supervisory Human Resources Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos