Despite owing workers’ salaries for several months, Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, has assured that his government will pay the new minimum wage of N30,000, Suanu’s Blog reports.
The position of the Kogi State Government on the new minimum wage was made public by the Media and Publicity Coordinator to Governor Bello, Jide Orintunsin,.
He said:”It will be recalled that the state workforce had a 25 per cent salary increase recently.
“This has placed the state higher than the former minimum wage.
“Governor Sani Bello, early this year, had assured the state workforce of the new minimum wage at a special session he had with organised labour recently.
“He is committed to ensuring the welfare of the state workforce.”
Suanu’s Blog recalls that President Muhammadu Buhari had recently signed the new minimum wage bill of N30,000 into law.
It may interest you to note that Governor Yahaya Bello will be seeking reelection in the Kogi State Governorship Election scheduled for November, 2 2019 with the PDP resolute on taking over the state from him and the APC.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager