The Cross River State Governor Senator Professor Ben Ayade has approved the change of name from the Department of Public Transportation DOPT, to Cross River State Traffic Management and Regulatory Agency.
The Cross River State Traffic management and Regulatory Agency was established in 2015, and passed into Law in 2015 by Cross River House of Assembly.
With the change of name, the Agency is empowered to administer, monitor and manage traffic in the state.
The departments in the agency includes; Administration, Account, Vehicle inspection and Registration, enforcement and such others as the Agency may deem necessary.
Barr. Tanko Ashang, Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General of the State lauded the Governor for the change of name stating that new nomenclature will give the agency more impetus to operate.
He said it demonstrates the passion of the governor to save and protect lives of the people of the state which is quite commendable.
Comrade Godwin Nyiam, the Director General of the Agency said with the passage of the law backing the activities of the agency, it can now prosecute traffic offenders and called for strict compliance to traffic rules in the state.
He lauded the governor for speedy approval of the change of name stressing that he will do more to improve on smooth traffic flow in the state.
He also added that those who are not staff of this Agency should please kindly stop carrying out the functions of the Agency and leave the road immediately.
- Recent Vacancies at Glyde Lubricants Limited
- Employment Opportunities in a Leading Real Estate and Construction Company
- Latest Recruitment in a Top Class Private Hospital
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Job Vacancies at Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Senior Associate – Capital Markets Accounting Advisory at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Career Opportunities at FHON Consulting