Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State on Monday announced the sack of more than 1,000 aides for non-performance.
Those affected include technical assistants (TAs), senior technical assistants (STAs) and executive assistants (EAs) to the governor.
Mr Umahi disclosed this on Monday during the swearing-in of three caretaker chairmen of Ikwo, Afikpo North and Ivo LGAs and the coordinator of Ohaozara Development Centre, at Ecumenical Centre, Abakaliki.
He said the dissolution would take effect from August 1, 2020.
The governor, who expressed disappointment at the poor performances of the appointees, said: “It is time to work.”
“I have no business with anybody who has an appointment and doesn’t want to work,” said Mr Umahi.
“Let me announce my disappointment at the technical assistants, senior technical assistants and executive assistants. We have over 1,000 of them. Yet, my deputy and myself go out of our way in this COVID-19. We have over 360 liaison officers. We have a lot of management committee members.
“I don’t know where else you will get a position and go on sleeping and be waiting for an alert (salary). It can’t happen under me. By 1st of August, all Technical Assistants (TA), Senior Technical Assistants (STAs) and Executive Assistants (EAs) are dissolved,” he said.
The governor said there would be a fresh round of appointments into the positions.
He said the dissolved appointees would be given the opportunity to reapply “if they meet certain criteria.”
– Premium Times
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health