Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state has met with President Buhari in Aso Rock.
Weetalknaija Daily Post has learnt that, the Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki, during the visit to President Muhammadu Buhari, shut out the possibility of returning to the All Progressives Congress (APC), Nigeria’s ruling party, any time soon.
The Edo Governor, who gave the hint while speaking to State House Correspondents after meeting with President Buhari at the Presidential Villa, said such a move would negatively affect his credibility.
On why he visited President Buhari, Governor Obaseki said he was at the State House on an appreciation visit to the President, following Saturday, September 19 Edo governorship election, which he won and was re-elected as governor of Edo State.
Responding to questions from State House correspondents after meeting with President Buhari, the Edo Governor affirmed that leaving the PDP for the APC goes against Buhari’s gospel of integrity.
Governor Obaseki also said he will not attempt to replace former APC national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, as the new godfather of Edo politics, saying that if he does, “I should be dealt with accordingly.”
Meanwhile, Weetalknaija recalls that Obaseki dumped the APC for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) following his disqualification from the party’s governorship primaries.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company