Governor of Ondo State has been disqualified from representing the APC in the forthcoming 2020 Ondo State gubernatorial election.
An inside source who pleaded anonymity because the disqualification is yet to be made public confirmed to this medium that Akeredolu was disqualified for anti-party reasons.
According to the source, Akeredolu because of his polarisation, was the reason why Buhari lost Ondo State to PDP Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar in last year’s presidential election.
Reports had earlier circulated that Segun Abraham, another contender had been disqualified, but our source claimed that it was Akeredolu and not Abraham that was disqualified.
“As I speak, Governor Kayode Fayemi and other govs are pleading on behalf of Akeredolu because he has been disqualified by the screening committee.
“The reason for the disqualification was the fact that he engaged in anti-party activities, and polarised politics in the state, so much so that President Buhari lost Ondo to Atiku last year”, the source said.
As at the time of filing this report, gov. Fayemi is said to be begging the screening committee to change their decision and reconsider Akeredolu.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager