Governor Samuel Ortom calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to declare armed Fulani herdsmen killing innocent people in communities of Benue State as terrorists.
The Governor’s call follows repeated herdsmen attacks on different communities of the state in the last couple of months. The latest of such attacks took place last night at Tse-Chembe community near Anyiin in Logo Local Government Area where the herders murdered seven persons in cold blood and left many others badly injured.
Governor Ortom condemns the invasion and killings and describes the situation as unacceptable.
He says Benue State has a law which prohibits open grazing of livestock, and stresses that only a terrorist group would deliberately choose to violate the legislation as Fulani herdsmen have done since the law was enacted in 2017.
Governor Ortom states that declaring the armed herders operating in Benue State as terrorists will end the wave of impunity and guarantee the rule of law.
He calls on people of the state, especially those living in the affected areas to report any suspicious persons to security agencies.
The Governor commends officers and men of Operation Whirl Stroke for their prompt responses to distress calls, particularly that of yesterday when the people of Tse-Chembe came under herdsmen’s attacks.
He reassures Benue people that his administration will not surrender the state to criminal elements, be they herdsmen or any other group.
Governor Ortom says no amount of threats and attacks will stop the enforcement of the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law of the State.
Chief Press Secretary
July 11, 2020.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Let’s Talk!! 7 months Into 2020 – What’s The Most Important Lesson You’ve Learnt?
- Grooming Of Young People, A Panacea For Effective Leadership — Betta Edu
- Sallah: Ikom Council Chairman Hails Moslems
- Inyang Asibong, Betta Edu, Esther Bassey, Others Receive Outstanding Nigeria Women Awards in Abuja
- Eid El-Kabir:Emulate Prophet Ibrahim — Ayade’s Adviser on Muslim Affairs Tells Ummah
- Latest Job in Nigeria at Zetech Oil Services Nigeria Limited (5 Positions)
- Virgin Landmarts Limited Job Recruitment for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria today 2020 at Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Panafric Ocean & Energy Limited 2020 Job Recruitment ( 4 Positions )
- Job Vacancies at Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS), Abuja