Just a few days ago the news broke the internet that the government of Lagos State had banned the use of keke and Bikes for public transport in Lagos State. This news came as a shock to residents who depend on these modes of transportation to get to work everyday.
However, the relentless Igbo Spirit has found a way to circumvent the decree and still do business. They say you cannot come between an Igbo Man and his business. We spotted a Keke that was converted to a convertible rover a few days ago driven by an Igbo man and this put the security operatives in confusion as they couldn’t legally arrest the man. This was said to be a testing Phase of the development.
Just today we have seen an even better adaptation of the technology by another Igbo man, this time, he has converted the Keke to a fully covered and functioning Keke Rover.
This has caused Many Yoruba’s on Nairaland to applaud the Igbo spirit, to the extent that one of them cried, “I feel like crying anytime I remember that I am not Igbo!”
Necessity they say is the mother of Invention, In Nigeria we must learn how to survive and Igbos seem to be leading the way in this Keke ban issue
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company