Nigerian singer Seun Kuti was one of the nominees for this year’s Grammy Awards and he narrated to Linda Ikeji TV what it was like being at the prestigious award event.
He revealed that the event actually begins at 2pm and from 2 to 7pm, gospel artists perform, after which the red carpet begins and everyone goes to change into their red carpet outfits
“Grammys are boring y’all. I’m sorry to tell you. First of all, it starts at 2, that’s what I didn’t know. Because on TV. it starts at 8,” he said.
He continued: “That 2 hours on TV, that’s the ghen ghen part. Grammy starts at 2. And from 2 to 7 is a big Jesus Christ party. Nigerians will feel welcome in this place, I’m telling you … It is about 40 different gospel categories. You don’t even understand how big the Grammys is tied. That’s why I understood when Soweto Gospel Choir won. “
Seun Kuti was nominated for the ‘World Music Award’ category but the Soweto Gospel Choir won the award.
On how it felt losing to Soweto Gospel Choir, he said:
I’m my own validation. I’ve never looked for validation outside of myself. It’s an award, it’s great. To be nominated is awesome. But if I wasn’t nominated either I won’t have felt as if something was missing from my life.
Watch the video below beginning from the 24:39 minute mark to the 27:06 mark
- Recent Vacancies at Glyde Lubricants Limited
- Employment Opportunities in a Leading Real Estate and Construction Company
- Latest Recruitment in a Top Class Private Hospital
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Job Vacancies at Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Senior Associate – Capital Markets Accounting Advisory at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Career Opportunities at FHON Consulting