GUBER ELECTIONS: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu As Desmond Elliot Attacked In Lagos
An election observer has been shot useless on the dwelling of Ayaogu Eze, the gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Umuonu-Umuida, Enugu-Ezike, Enugu state.
Circumstances surrounding the capturing continues to be unclear even because the bus of the group has been broken. The dwelling of Ayogu Eze has been cordoned off by a mixed workforce of police and officers.
The sufferer is a part of a gaggle of observers monitoring the governorship and state House of Assembly elections.
After the capturing, the observer group was held hostage at Eze’s compound till a mixed workforce of the police and military got here to rescue them and took them to a close-by police station.
“We have been nearly killed there,” one of many survivors stated. A supply within the village who did not wish to be recognized stated that the sufferer was shot within the head and he misplaced plenty of blood and will not survive. “His blood is in every single place in the event you go there,” the resident stated.
The Enugu state police PRO, SP Ebere Amarizu, has confirmed the incident by way of a telephone name. The police spokesperson confirmed that the sufferer is useless. The title of the deceased is Onuorah Odoh.
In one other growth, hoodlums on Saturday shot sporadically as they attacked the car of Desmond Elliot, a Lagos House of Assembly candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The incident occurred at about 3:00 p.m. at Akerele junction within the Surulere a part of the Lagos the place Mr Elliot at the moment represents within the meeting.
The assault is claimed to have been perpetrated by road boys who needed the well-known actor to cease and provides them cash. But the lawmaker determined to maintain going. His car was attacked and the windshield damaged.
Supporters of Mr Elliot at a close-by polling unit, PU20, Ward 7, Surulere, rapidly referred to as in reinforcement to rescue the lawmaker.
Immediately he was rescued, thugs shot sporadically into the air, creating an much more tense ambiance.
In a fast response, nevertheless, cops connected to the close by polling unit referred to as in armed reinforcement who arrived to calm the scenario.
Ad-hoc staffers of the electoral fee, INEC, have been suggested by safety personnel to conclude their vote counting early earlier than the scenario escalates. By Deen REPORT
- Kaduna State Government Recruitment 2020 / 2021 Volunteers – kdsg.gov.ng | See How to Apply
- Job for Graduate Retail Sales Executive at Sunu Assurances Nigeria Plc
- Job for Fleet & Logistics Manager at DRYVA Logistics
- Hot job for Milling Operator at Zee Rice – July 2020
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Edo: We Will Isolate Wike In An Isolation Centre, Before He Recovers, The Election Is Over — Ganduje
- BREAKING!! WAEC To Hold From August 4 To September 5, 2020 — FG
- Birthday: Blessing Egbara, A Quintessential Amazon — Dan Obo
- HAPPENING NOW!! Security Denies Journalists Entering As Panel Grills EFCC Boss In Aso Rock
- EXPOSED!! Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Election — Resigned Ondo SSG
Share this post with your Friends on