Gunmen, at about 6pm on Wednesday, shot dead a man simply identified as Kebi and his girlfriend (name unknown) at the popular Akara junction in Iyara Area, Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State.
The gunmen, who stormed the area with sophisticated weapons also wounded several persons, DAILY POST reports.
It was learnt that the gunmen shot sporadically for over thirty minutes to scare residents of the area upon their arrival, before killing their victims.
When Contacted, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP. Adeyinka Adeleke Adeyinka confirmed the report in a telephone chat with our correspondent.
CP Adeleke said, “Two persons were killed, and not four persons as being speculated.”
Meanwhile, it was gathered that a yet-to-be identified boy was alledgely killed by gunmen suspected to be cultists yesterday night at Morogu juction near Iyara area.
In a reprisal attack to avenge the death of the yet-to-be identified boy who was killed yesterday, another group of gunmen suspected to cultists stormed the area and killed Kebi.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group