HAPPENING NOW!!! Church Members Flee As Bomb Explosion Hits Catholic Church
According to local media, an explosion occurred outside a cathedral in the Indonesian city of Makassar on Sunday morning, in what a priest identified as a suicide attack.
However, the cause of the explosion could not be reliably confirmed, and police did not respond to requests for comment right away.
As police cordoned off the scene, news footage showed cars near the building being damaged.
According to a man described as the church’s priest, the explosion at the city’s main Catholic cathedral occurred shortly after Sunday services ended.
The guy, known only by his first name Willem, was quoted as saying, “We were finishing the service and people were going home when it happened.”
A congregant attempted to prevent a “suicide bomber” from entering the church, according to the priest, who added that about ten people were wounded.
Extremists have previously attacked churches in Indonesia, the world’s largest Muslim-majority nation.
In Surabaya, Indonesia’s second-largest city, a family of suicide bombers blew themselves up at churches during Sunday services, killing a dozen people.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group