Fierce dispute has broken out between two rival kidnapping gangs after an eight-month pregnant woman, who is a wife to a member of one of the gangs, was abducted by the opposing group, in a place in the North-Western Nigeria.
In a telephone conversation clip obtained by PRNigeria, a member of the gang whose pregnant woman was abducted offered to pay a ransom of N100,000 for her to be released, while speaking in both Hausa and Fulfulde to a member of the other group.
However, the abductors of the pregnant declined the offer, saying the meagre amount will not even be enough for cigarette-smoking.
“If you are having N100,000 presently, would you have even think of abducting a pregnant woman?” responded the member of the kidnapping gang whose woman was abducted.
Meanwhile, the gang of the kidnapped pregnant woman had abducted a member of the rival who volunteered the phone number of the group and pleaded with them to release the victim.
They also threatened to burn down the settlement, rustle the cattle and kill the women, children and aged relations of the group that kidnapped their member’s wife, if she is not released within the next 24 hours.
In another kidnapping incident, gunmen on Sunday abducted the Permanent Secretary in the Taraba State Ministry of Water Resources, Mrs. Susana Jonathan.
A breaking news flashed this evening by Sunday Vanguard said that Mrs. Jonathan was kidnapped in her house at ATC area of Jalingo.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022