HAPPENING NOW!! Heavy Protest Hits Akwa Ibom, Youth Block Major Roads, No Vehicle Movements
According to reports reaching WeetalknaijaBlog, the main route connecting Ikono in Uyo Local Government Area and Abak has been fully taken over by the protesting teenagers.
According to our source, the governor, Udom Emmanuel, has constructed a new flyover at the Ekom Iman intersection on the road. Vehicles were diverted to another road leading to Abak and other local government units in that axis while the flyover was being built.
As a result of the heavy vehicular traffic, the road became impassable, and the affected villages’ pleas to the governor to fix it fell on deaf ears.
According to our source, the new flyover is set to open on May 29, however the road remains in a horrible state due to the construction of the flyover.
“The teenagers of Ikono and Abak have joined forces to conduct a demonstration this morning (Wednesday). How can the governor demolish our state’s only major thoroughfare, which connects many local governments, and then want to commission the flyover before restoring our roads as he found them? We’re going to blockade all of the routes and wait for (governor) Udom to arrive “one of the demonstrators remarked
Attempts to contact the state Commissioner of Information were unsuccessful since his phone number was unavailable at the time of publication.
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates