A billboard bearing the picture of President Muhammadu Buhari and logo of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been burnt by protesters in Yantumaki town, Danmusa local government area of Katsina state who are protesting over the poor security situation in the area.
The protesters, comprising grown-up men and children, blamed President Muhammadu Buhari and Governor Aminu Masari for the spate of insecurity in the state.
The protesters said they now live in fear as security agencies in the state appear helpless.
He said the people might resort to self-defence, noting that such move may further worsen the security challenges in the country.
“Is it not shameful and embarrassing that this ugly security threat is happening daily in the home state of President Muhammadu Buhari, who is the Chief Security Officer of the country?
“It’s glaring both the President and Governor Masari are failure, they have repeatedly failed us. They have to be alive to their constitutional duties of protecting the citizens,” SaharaReporters quoted one of the protesters.
This development is coming a week after Aminu Masari, governor of Katsina, announced that his administration had pulled out of the peace deal it had with bandits.
The state government had entered a peace agreement with the gunmen. But despite the accord, communities in Katsina are still being attacked and residents killed.
On June 1, bandits shot dead 60-year-old Abu Atiku, district head of Yantumaki.
The gunmen also attacked some communities in Batsari LGA of the state, and killed the council’s APC chairman.
The protesters reportedly barricaded the Katsina/Kankara major highway and blocked the road leading to the town.
They were said to have been enraged by the kidnap of one Mansir Yusuf and his daughter by bandits around 1 am on Tuesday.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited