Happening Now : INEC Suspends Collation Of Results In Kano Supplementary Gov’ship Election.
The Independent National Electoral Commission has halted the collation of the supplementary governorship election in Kano State.
Results from 21 native councils have been collated already and it noticed the incumbent Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of the All Progressives Congress shrinking the 26,655 votes hole between him and his challenger, Abba Kabir-Yusuf of the Peoples Democratic Party.
However, there may be uncertainty surrounding yesterday’s supplementary governorship election within the state sequel to the suspension of collation.
Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Riskuwa Shehu, introduced the suspension of collation early on Sunday citing the invasion of Nasarawa Local authorities collation centre by thugs.
Briefing journalists, observers and get together representatives on the State INEC workplace, Shehu stated: “As we had been ready to reconvene with the intention to proceed with the collation, we heard a disturbing report that simply as they had been about to conclude, outcomes collation in Nasarawa native authorities had been disrupted and the outcome sheet torn away and there was lots of commotion and the police needed to rescue some people.
“As it’s now, we don’t have the outcome and even the E. O. (Electoral Officer) needed to be rescued. Luckily, nothing occurred to him. He was saved from the disaster.
“But the intention of the fee is that we’re going to discuss with our main and secondary knowledge of outcomes that had been collated from the polling items in addition to the ward degree.
“When we get the leads to the presence of all of the representatives of political events, we are going to regenerate the outcomes and we are going to affirm these which are acceptable inside our legal guidelines and tips and people who must be cancelled as a result of the cardboard readers should be known as nicely.
“Based on that, we will have genuine results and we will complete the collation for the state governorship election,” he stated
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- NDDC Fight: Nothing Should Happen To Our Daughter — Wike Sends Strong Warning To Akpabio
- American Court Denies Hushpuppi Bail, To Remain In Prison
- BREAKING: Police Seize Magu’s Official Bulletproof Vehicles, Seal Office
- We Are Not Safe – Nigerians Reacts As 602 Ex-Boko Haram Members Are Set To Be Freed By FG
- C-River School Of Nursing Sciences Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC — Govt
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on