The Independent National Electoral Commission has halted the collation of the supplementary governorship election in Kano State.
Results from 21 native councils have been collated already and it noticed the incumbent Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of the All Progressives Congress shrinking the 26,655 votes hole between him and his challenger, Abba Kabir-Yusuf of the Peoples Democratic Party.
However, there may be uncertainty surrounding yesterday’s supplementary governorship election within the state sequel to the suspension of collation.
Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Riskuwa Shehu, introduced the suspension of collation early on Sunday citing the invasion of Nasarawa Local authorities collation centre by thugs.
Briefing journalists, observers and get together representatives on the State INEC workplace, Shehu stated: “As we had been ready to reconvene with the intention to proceed with the collation, we heard a disturbing report that simply as they had been about to conclude, outcomes collation in Nasarawa native authorities had been disrupted and the outcome sheet torn away and there was lots of commotion and the police needed to rescue some people.
“As it’s now, we don’t have the outcome and even the E. O. (Electoral Officer) needed to be rescued. Luckily, nothing occurred to him. He was saved from the disaster.
“But the intention of the fee is that we’re going to discuss with our main and secondary knowledge of outcomes that had been collated from the polling items in addition to the ward degree.
“When we get the leads to the presence of all of the representatives of political events, we are going to regenerate the outcomes and we are going to affirm these which are acceptable inside our legal guidelines and tips and people who must be cancelled as a result of the cardboard readers should be known as nicely.
“Based on that, we will have genuine results and we will complete the collation for the state governorship election,” he stated
- #EndSars: Watch Live Interview Between Falz and CNN Reporter (Video)
- SHOCKING!! Lagos Governor Blames #EndSars Protesters For Delay In Distributing COVID-19 Palliatives
- Lekki Toll Gate Shootings Not Captured In Buhari’s Nationwide Speech To Nigerians
- BREAKING!! Hoodlums Set Mbaka Church On Fire
- BREAKING!! Ojodu Police Station In Lagos Set Ablaze
- Hot Nigerian Job Vacancies at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 CV Submission ( Hot Nigerian Jobs )
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC) for SSCE and Degree Holders