“On my way from Mubi to Yola, I stopped over in Loko Adamawa state to Commiserate with traders that lost their shops and properties to fire. I met this four (4) year old CHILD hawking tomatoes. I was moved to tears imagining “my daughter” a hawker at 4.
I asked her how much is a bowl of tomatoes and she said N50. I asked how much for the two bowls? She responded “hamsin” meaning 50 in Hausa language. She doesn’t even know that 50×2 = 100.
I gave her Fifty thousand Naira (N50,000.00) for the two bowls of tomatoes and gave her the two bowls back so that her mother will prepare a meal for her with it. I also told her to go to school. Little did I know that standing right behind her was her Father.
I will meet him soon to finalize her scholarship program.
That same day I supported the traders with a token of N250, 000.00 cash.
My dear brothers and sisters, we may end poverty, illiteracy and disease over night. But we can end poverty, disease, Illiteracy and hunger starting with ONE PERSON AT A TIME.
We can do it.
By Senator Elisha Ishaku Abbo
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022