Some members of the Biafra Nations Youth League (BNYL) were on Saturday morning arrested in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital, on their way to the inauguration of the Biafra National Council (BNC) chaired by former militant leader Alhaji Asari Dokubo.
A BNYL Officer Geoffrey Nwosoriba, who doubles as Secretary to the BNC Coalition, disclosed this to newsmen.
He said: “I escaped from the arrest along Bayelsa junction. Right now about 100 of our members have been taken to State CID in Yenagoa.
“The Police has not explained what our offences are.”
There is no indication that the arrests stopped the inauguration of BNC by Dokubo.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group