Help! My bills are getting heavy – Melaye cries out months after Senate exit
– Dino Melaye says his bills are getting heavy and called on God for “more grace and success”
– The former lawmaker’s hilarious lamentation came less than a year after losing his Senate seat to arch-rival Smart Adeyemi
– Melaye represented Kogi West in the upper chamber during Bukola Saraki-led 8th Senate before his re-election attempt was hit by a defeat
Dino Melaye, a former senator representing Kogi West, seems to be getting the commoners’ treatment after he took to social media to lament what he hilariously termed “heavy bills.”
Melaye served as a senator in the 8th Senate but his hope of upper chamber return was dashed following his defeat to Smart Adeyemi in the last rerun of the Kogi West senatorial election.
The 46-year-old senator, who recently acquired a mammoth mansion, has now lamented that his bills are getting stretched in what appears to be his usual hilarious taunt.
In a 52-second video posted on his account on the micro-blogging platform Twitter, the former lawmaker said he needed “more grace and success” as his “bills are getting heavy.”
“God, I seek more grace and success,” Melaye said on Monday, March 2. “My bills are getting heavy. Help me more oh Lord.”
The former senator posted the video on his Facebook page but later deleted it perhaps following a deluge of comments on the video.
Meanwhile, Nigerians have reacted to the video on his Twitter page.
“Maybe you should start by providing God with the info of the business you’re doing that you want him to bless for you,” a Twitter user by the name John Doe said
Another user, Ogbonge news, commented: “That’s what happens when you get no more free Money…my advice..cut down overhead cost..and instead of buying all dem cars, start up a business.”
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Melaye gave himself an expensive treat in the form of luxury cars. The politician, who is known as a car lover, added three more vehicles to his expensive cars. The 46-year-old former senator bought himself one vintage car and two bulletproof cars.
This time around, the politician went above and beyond to get himself the cars he desires. Melaye customised the luxury vehicles to his taste. He bought a vintage 1977 corvette, a Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon Limousine, and a Toyota Land Cruiser.
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Recruitment at Hilton Worldwide
- Latest Recruitment at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at the African Union
- New Job Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria in an Oil and Gas Company
- Job Recruitment at the United Bank for Africa Plc