‘Henceforth, we’ll send ‘mothers of yahoo boys’ to prison — Police
The Deputy Commissioner in charge of the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) Yaba, DCP Yetunde Longe, has disclosed that more internet fraudsters and possibly their mothers will be sent to prison if found guilty after prosecution.
She disclosed this on Wednesday on a morning show program on Lagos Television (LTV) while reacting to the news making the rounds in the media that yet to be identified women have formed an ‘Association of Yahoo Boys’ Mothers’.
According to DCP Longe, for now, “the ‘Association of Yahoo Boys’ Mothers’ is still a hear-say until police investigation reveals that there is truth in it.
“And if it turns out to be true and it’s proven that they are in any way involved or provided any form of support to the crime, that makes them accomplices and co-conspirators where which they will be made to face the full wrath of the law.”
She, however, applauded the Lagos Commissioner of Police, CP Zubairu Muazu on his continuous and relentless effort in making sure cybercrime becomes a thing of the past in Lagos.
While she also encouraged citizens to partner with police in order to ensure a safer society for all, she released some complaint phone numbers in case they notice any unusual activity around them.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- JUST IN!! PDP Crisis Continues In Cross River As NWC Postponed Congress
- BREAKING!! Aisha Buhari Seriously Sick, Secretly Flown To Saudi Arabia For Treatment
- JUST IN!! Attorney-General of The Federation Orders IG of Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers
- Omini Warns INEC Chairman Mammud, We Will Not Allow Buhari, Oshiomhle To Rig Edo Elections
- All You Need To Know About SS3 ‘Benefit Boys’ Who Resumed School With iPhone 11 And Benz
Share this post with your Friends on