University of Calabar has been said to lose property worths N1.3bn to looters and hoodlums during the #EndSARS protest in the state capital. The protest was initially thought would be peaceful until the hoodlums started joining to vandalize properties of which the federal university’s own was also among.
The Pro-Chancellor of the university stated in a brief meeting with the press on Monday that the school lost facilities worth N1.3bn to the October’s protest.
Senator Nkechi Nwaogu also added that despite the destruction in the school, nobody is giving due attention to it.
“UNICAL is bleeding seriously because of the attack. The university has been dragged backward by about five years. It will struggle to replace what it lost,” Nwaogu said.
She listed the items lost to include laboratory equipment, refrigerators, armour cables and other items looted from UNICAL Hotel.
Nwaogu said had vigilantes and other members of the host community not repelled the hoodlums, the university would have been “reduced to mere walls.”
However, she pleaded to Federal Government and State Government on the school behalf that they should help regain what the school has lost.
- Access Bank Plc Recruitment for Dutch Desk Manager
- National Marketing Manager at an FMCG Company – Nationwide
- Customer Service Representative / Operations Coordinator / Sorting Officer at Speedaf
- Financial Officer (NYSC) at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Production Supervisor in a Leading Paint and Coating Manufacturing Company
- Administrative Manager at CapitalSage Technology Limited
- Administrative Officer at HRbreakoutRoom