Hope Returns To Zamfara PDP As Appeal Court Nullifies APC Guber, Assembly Primaries
The Court of Appeal, sitting in Sokoto State, has put aside judgement of the Zamfara High Court which paved means for the All Progressives Congress, APC, to discipline candidates within the 2019 common elections.
The Presiding Judge, Justice Tom Shuaibu Yakubu, whereas delivering the lead judgement, averred that the decrease court didn’t correctly consider and assess all of the evidences put earlier than it earlier than making its judgement.
According to him, after reevaluation and reassessment of the evidences by the appellant court, it was found that the occasion didn’t observe the supply of the Electoral Act and the rules offered by the occasion in deciding on its candidates.
The choose held that the occasion had made two unsuccessful makes an attempt to conduct primaries within the state and listing of candidates weren’t duly submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, by the nationwide headquarter of the occasion as promised by the nationwide chairman of APC, Adams Oshiomole.
“I hereby, set aside the judgement of the lower court which allowed the party to field candidates in the last general elections,” he stated.
He added: “I believe this will serve as a very bitter lesson for political parties to learn. They must abide by the provision of the electoral act which provide level play ground for all aspirants.”
The presiding choose nonetheless, stated the decrease court has the jurisdiction to entertain the case as towards the submission made by the counsel to the appellants, difficult the jurisdiction of the Zamfara High Court to listen to the case.
Similarly, two different members of the panel, Justices Tijjani Abubakar and Jamilu Tukur have all adopted the lead judgement.
Reacting to the judgement, counsel to 1st and 38th respondents, Barrister Isa Abubakar, stated they’d appeal towards the judgement by the appellant court.
- Vacancy for Personal Assistant at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- Ongoing Job recruitment in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization
- Good News As Atiku Abubakar Commence Massive Recruitment weeks after sacking over 400 Staff
- 2020 Massive recruitment at American University of Nigeria
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC Recruitment How to Apply Now!
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Police Killed 8 Suspected Kidnappers In Taraba
- CULTISM, KILLINGS!! Tension In C/River As Ayade Declares 35 Youths ‘Wanted’
- COVID-19: Manager Of Rivers State Demolished Hotel Tests Positive
- COVID-19: C/River Govt Educates Residents On Proper Usage Of Facemasks
- Put Pressure On UK To Release Diezani To Face Trial — EFCC Boss Begs Nigerians In Diaspora
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on