The Court of Appeal, sitting in Sokoto State, has put aside judgement of the Zamfara High Court which paved means for the All Progressives Congress, APC, to discipline candidates within the 2019 common elections.
The Presiding Judge, Justice Tom Shuaibu Yakubu, whereas delivering the lead judgement, averred that the decrease court didn’t correctly consider and assess all of the evidences put earlier than it earlier than making its judgement.
According to him, after reevaluation and reassessment of the evidences by the appellant court, it was found that the occasion didn’t observe the supply of the Electoral Act and the rules offered by the occasion in deciding on its candidates.
The choose held that the occasion had made two unsuccessful makes an attempt to conduct primaries within the state and listing of candidates weren’t duly submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, by the nationwide headquarter of the occasion as promised by the nationwide chairman of APC, Adams Oshiomole.
“I hereby, set aside the judgement of the lower court which allowed the party to field candidates in the last general elections,” he stated.
He added: “I believe this will serve as a very bitter lesson for political parties to learn. They must abide by the provision of the electoral act which provide level play ground for all aspirants.”
The presiding choose nonetheless, stated the decrease court has the jurisdiction to entertain the case as towards the submission made by the counsel to the appellants, difficult the jurisdiction of the Zamfara High Court to listen to the case.
Similarly, two different members of the panel, Justices Tijjani Abubakar and Jamilu Tukur have all adopted the lead judgement.
Reacting to the judgement, counsel to 1st and 38th respondents, Barrister Isa Abubakar, stated they’d appeal towards the judgement by the appellant court.
- Cross River Governor, Ben Ayade Presents 54 Ford SUVs To LG Chairmen
- OCTOBER 1: President Buhari To Address Nigerians From Eagle Square
- Breaking!! Confusion As Lagos Govt Cancels Independent Day Celebration
- HOT! We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor — Oba Of Benin Warns Wike
- BREAKING!! Akeredolu Will Lose Ondo Governorship Election Gallantly, Except — Popular Pastor Predicts
- BBC Recruitment 2020 for for an Editor, Gist Nigeria
- International Organization for Migration Jobs for Graduates
- World Bank Recruitment 2020 for a Graduate Administrative Assistant in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Virgin Forest Energy Limited
- Engineering Jobs in Nigeria at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL)